“New Orleans is home to many things Alcohol fuelled, but possibly the most important time of the year (for budding bartenders) is Tales of the Cocktail”
And, what to drink you said?
Whilst the World’s best Bartenders aren’t strictly downing Sazerac’s on Bourbon St this week. We just wanted to celebrate such a pivotal recipe on such an important industry week! Besides, being the drink being a Star on it’s own appearing in numerous publications dating back to the late 1800’s and even appearing in 1973’s Bond Film, “Live & Let Die“.
Thirsty? Us too!
Here is how to make the Sazerac Cocktail (New Orleans Style of Course) in the comfort of your own home;
You’ll need the following Ingredients and Tools;
- Rye Whiskey
- Cane Sugar Syrup
- Peychauds Bitters
- Lemon (peel)
- Cocktail Glass (Rocks or Coupe)
- Mixing Glass
- Bar Spoon
- Hawthorne Strainer
- Quality Ice
Then combine the ingredients as follows;
- Ice Cocktail Glass and set aside
- In Mixing Glass, add 45ml Rye Whiskey, 7.5ml Cane Sugar Syrup and 3 Dashes Peychauds Bitters and stir well with Ice
- Discard Ice from Cocktail Glass and rinse with 10ml Absinthe (pour in Absinthe and swirl until most of the glass has been coated) then discard
- Strain the freshly stirred mix into Cocktail Glass
- Garnish with Lemon twist
There are a number of recipes to be found online for great Sazerac’s, however, in the Spirit of Tales week and New Orleans we thought it best to share the “original” adaptation 😉
Of course, if you can’t be bothered making this yourself, let us do the work for you!. Put your mind at ease with Auckland’s longest standing Beverage Catering service from 2012! See why below
Why Choose Us? Let Us Explain Here
Contact us using the enquiry form link below, and our helpful team will get back to you promptly.